Alecto: Wizarding School for all
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business/Business [Nate]

2 posters

Go down

Business/Business [Nate] Empty Business/Business [Nate]

Post by Donte Devlin Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:04 am

This has to be done, the minister told himself, frowning and scratching his 3 day old beard. It has to be done, it must be done now, and I must do this myself, he was reassuring himself.
The previous day Donte told Nate Blackwell, a young auror in whom he saw parts of his old self, that he needs to meet him here in his office. They talked of possible changes in the Auror office.
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Business/Business [Nate] Empty Re: Business/Business [Nate]

Post by Nate Blackwell Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:07 am

"You called minister?" Nate walked in through the doors. He was in his button down shirt and ripped jeans with the chain still dangling on them. He was a the picture of calm as he strode towards the desk and stopped standing in front of Donte.

He smiled. "Forgot to shave?" He always seemed to make light of serious situations when in truth, he was analyzing his surroundings.
Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte Devlin Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:22 am

"Next time knock before you enter", Donte told him, then smiled and offered him a seat in front of him. "But it's nice to see you, even if you are a cocky kid. I mean, who wasn't cocky at your age?"

"My girl likes when I don't shave."
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:38 am

"Knock knock then." Nate tapped the table with his knuckle and he took a seat silently. Despite his exterior get-up, he actually had a lot of respect for the minister after having been taught under him not too long ago. He chuckled and leaned back. "Bastards are born at my age, Minister."

He ignored the bit about the guy's girl and his face was all business. "So, what's this all for....sir?"
Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte Devlin Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:41 am

"Bastards? I don't like that word. It means too much and is significant too little. Well, let's not get distracted over that", he started. "Yes, the reason why I called you here is simple, and as you can guess from our previous talk, it is very important for our auror office, and for our ministry."
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:43 am

"Go on..." Nate nodded slightly for the minister to continue and he could feel his skin prickle in half anticipation and have pressure at the responsibility. He kept himself calm though and he waited patiently...or at least patiently as it could get.
Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte Devlin Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:49 am

"As you are certainly aware of, the auror office now is under control of people old as my grandfather, people that don't accept changes, and the bloke that got my position after I left to be the minister, is constantly failing. I am sure he was the one who send Zoya on such a dangerous mission on her first assignment, and that was the mistake that was too big to ignore.", he started, already pissed off. "I cannot think of a better person to do this kind of work, fresh blood is needed and I think you work on a level similar to me."
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:36 am

"You're now wrong on that one." Nate's normally silvery blue eyes turned a darker shade when he mood feel and he dug his nails into his skin. He looked up at Donte and laughed.

"A level similar to you?"
Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte Devlin Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:48 am

"What I mean is that I can trust you on making decisions", Donte added, changing what he said before. "And I can trust your judgement, which I can't say for the, now almost ex, head of the auror office."
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:46 am

"Okay, I get your point." Nate stood up and then he hesitated just before he started walking. "Am I dismissed?" He hated to be disrespectful especially at this point. But that was what happens when you've lived alone most of your life. You forget how to interact with other people.
Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte Devlin Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:19 am

"Sit down Blackwell or I'll make you! And shut up for a second, would ya?", Donte yelled, loosing his temper. "Now, that's an order.", he looked away, feeling awkward about what he was going to say. "Don't make me regret my decision even before I tell you everything.", and before Nate could say anything he added. "You got the job! Now talk."
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:54 am

Nate dropped back on the seat when the minister suddenly shouted and he raised a brow because he wasn't used to seeing the minister lose his cool. It must be the pressure and stress, but that didn't justify shouting to someone who asked. Politely.

"Talk about what?"
Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte Devlin Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 am

He raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you're not at least excited because you got the job?", he was feeling disappointed. "You're acting like you get to be Head of the Auror Office every single day. Stop being so casual, this is your future we'll talking about!"
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:36 am

"You don't know me all that well then." Nate's voice dropped and the little bit of light in his eyes faded at what the Minister said. He wasn't one to show much of what he was feeling when he actually took things seriously. He may play around, act like a fool and be a sarcastic ass when he wants to be, but there's a part of him that was swallowed up in a flame.

He met the Ministers eyes and in a slow voice continued. "Talk about my future then."

Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte Devlin Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:20 am

"You are a very complicated person. I offer to you the position of Head of the Auror Office.", he said. "Is that a good future for you?"
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:46 am

There was a pause which seemed like a very long one in the tense room when in reality, it only lasted a second. Nate adjusted his leather gloves and smiled at the Minister.

"You got yourself a new Head of the Auror Office then." He said lightly. "Am I dismissed or do you have more to say...sir?"
Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte Devlin Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:59 am

"When did you start calling me sir?", Donte asked and then offered his hand as a way of congratulating Nate. "I would just like to hear something more from you, first impression, do you need any help, etc..." and then added. "But you're free to go, I don't have anything to add."
Donte Devlin
Donte Devlin
Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Blackwell Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:13 am

"Since you officially became my boss. but don't count on it though." Nate smirked as he took the minister's hand and gave it a single shake before he pulls away and stands up. "I'll just give you a ring...our a shout out if I need any help. In the meanwhile..."

He turns to the Minister and does his two-finger salute. "I've got an office to sort out." He walked backwards to the door and disappeared.
Nate Blackwell
Nate Blackwell
Head of the Auror Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down