Alecto: Wizarding School for all
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Out (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Time Out (Open) Empty Time Out (Open)

Post by Lauren Delgado Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Lauren pulled back her black silk hood from her face as she entered the Book Shop, eager to warm herself from the bitterly cold winds outside. She smiled to herself as her wide eyes scanned the room. Knowledge. Knowledge was one of the things she respected the most- and this was the place where it was shared.

A rare, kind smile graced her lips as she greeted the old woman who ran the store and she shook her hand gently over her counter.

The woman's blue eyes glowed with fondness as they silently, but warmly, greeted each other. Lauren had used this store as a retreat ever since she was enrolled into Alecto at the age of 11 and the woman, Mary, had grown close to her.

With a second small flash of a smile, Lauren walked in another direction into an aisle of books. She raised her pale hand slowly and trailed her fingers lightly over the spines.

Lauren Delgado
Lauren Delgado
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Time Out (Open) Empty Re: Time Out (Open)

Post by Cole Sherman Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Cole walked into the book shop. He may be a dark character, but he couldn't say no to a good bit of literature. His fingers brushed over the books, old and new as his eyes darted across the various titles. He pulled out the Dickens book; "Great Expectations". A classic. He grinned and turned to back. He had read the book many times in his childhood- his childhood. His smile disappeared as he remembered his past, when he remembered his father. He longed to see his father again, but he knew he could never go back to California. He saw the book "1984" nearby to a woman. He pulled it out and smiled. "Brilliant piece of literature," he said, turning to the back of the book and skimming the blurb. "It's fascinating how Orwell's predictions were not actually that far from the actual outcome of the future."
Cole Sherman
Cole Sherman
Death Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Delgado Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 pm

Lauren snapped out of her trance like state, brown eyes wide. She quickly pulled herself back together and smirked a little at the man.

"Wonderful." she agreed quietly, not quite paying attention to what the stranger was saying- she had quickly dismissed him as someone who was either trying to flirt or just babbling mindlessly. His next sentence caught her attention, and she looked at him properly. Not a bad view. And with brains, apparently.

"Quite." she nodded, and a small smile tugged at her lips. She extended a slender hand for him to shake.

"Lauren Delgado." she introduced herself.
Lauren Delgado
Lauren Delgado
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cole Sherman Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Cole looked down at the hand and hesitated. He didn't know the woman and for all he knew she was an auror. He shook Lauren's hand and said "Kieran Johnson," he put the book back on the shelf and smiled. "It's a pleasure, Miss Delgado." feeling fairly confident, he went in for a conversation. "Do you come here often?"
Cole Sherman
Cole Sherman
Death Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Delgado Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Lauren noticed his small hesitation, but before she could raise her eyebrow questioningly he had shaken her hand.

"Kieran, eh?" she asked doubtfully, but dismissed it by looking back to the books. It wasn't her business.

"Often?" she laughed a little.

"I've come here almost every day since I was 11." she smirked.
Lauren Delgado
Lauren Delgado
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cole Sherman Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Cole raised and eyebrow. "Since you were eleven? Wow, I actually don't come here often, I have a lot of books at home that I still have to read."

Cole looked into Lauren's eyes. She was cold in character, he could tell. He fell silent for a moment thinking carefully about what he said next. "So, what do you for a living?" he leaned casually against the bookshelf, putting on his flirtatious cheeky grin and hoping she didn't say auror.
Cole Sherman
Cole Sherman
Death Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Delgado Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:19 pm

"Since I was 11." Lauren repeated. "This is my second home." she smiled fondly at the place, her eyes warming for just a few moments.

"Physical Training teacher at Alecto. Head of Nula, at your service." she murmured, watching the books as she walked along the aisle. Her eyes flickered back to him for a second and a smile played at her lips at seeing his grin.

But she was almost certain that it was merely a facade.
Lauren Delgado
Lauren Delgado
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cole Sherman Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:29 pm

"Alecto? I've heard of that school." he nodded, acting natural but inside feeling very relieved and relaxed.

Cole saw the momentary smile on her face and his grin widened. "I love literature and all," he said, pushing away from the bookshelf and taking a step back. "But you can't stay in here all day. I know a great little coffee place not far from here, you think you have time?"
Cole Sherman
Cole Sherman
Death Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Delgado Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:48 pm

"You should have heard of us. We're the top wizarding school in New York. School for the magically gifted." she said proudly.

Lauren tilted her head to one side a little and studied him closely.

After a long pause, she offered her arm.

"Lead the way, Mr....Johnson." she smirked.
Lauren Delgado
Lauren Delgado
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cole Sherman Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 pm

Cole gently took Lauren's arm and opened the shop door for her. "After you," he said politely, allowing Lauren to exit before following.
Cole Sherman
Cole Sherman
Death Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down