Alecto: Wizarding School for all
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Branden Estate

Go down

Branden Estate Empty Branden Estate

Post by Harvey Branden Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:47 am

Hiya, my name is Harvey, and welcome to my house. I am going to take you on a little guided tour. But before I begin I should mention the name of the house. It comes from our old house in Ireland, which we had to sell. Now Pa wants our old friends to think we are still living like we use to so he bought the name with us to our new house. It is not like we do not have money, selling the Branden Estate gave us a lot of cash in one go, but due to the need to lay low - apparently Pa is in trouble with the law or something - we had to downsize quite considerably. So our new house, while certainty not tiny, is much smaller than our old one. It is situated in a tunnel where all the other houses are, for people who are laying low for a while. Alright it is much more complex than that but I cannot go into it so lets move on.

We are going to start upstairs with my bedroom. Now Robert, my Pa's live in executive assistant, turned a four bedroom house into a three bedroom house. He made his bedroom, and Pa's bedroom tiny, and knocked down a wall of the final bedroom so he could make my bedroom really big. He then set about decorating it in pirate theme because he knows I like water and things. In truth I like sharks and the like, but I have to admit my finished bedroom is awesome. It has two beds, though I am just going to show one picture, so I can have people to stay.

Branden Estate Pirate-theme-bedroom-3Branden Estate Rope-railing-above-the-bedBranden Estate Pirate-bedroom-design-sBranden Estate Pirate-bedroom-design-mBranden Estate 6461b_pirate-ship-bedroom-1Branden Estate Pirates-wall-muralBranden Estate Pirate-bedroom-design-10Branden Estate Cool-pirate-bedroom-5

In the second from last, and last, pictures you can a tunnel with a rope which leads down. Unlike in these pictures where it just goes down to the bedroom, my one goes much further. The tunnel leads downstairs and comes out in the playroom. It is so I do not have to use the main stairs if I do not want to. Because there are wooden slats all the way along it you can climb back up it to my room if I want to. Though it can get quite dizzy making as it is quite high by the time you get to the top. If you do not look down then it is certainly fun. It also makes a great hiding place.

Branden Estate Kids-bathroom-decorating-1-500x375

I know these pictures are not exactly in order. But here is the upstairs bathroom. Robert clearly has not realized I am already thirteen by this point. But choosing to ignore that particular thing this is the bathroom I use the most.

Branden Estate Blue-bathroom-design

Keeping up with the bathroom theme, this is the tiny downstairs bathroom.

Branden Estate Garrett

Anyone that knows me but at all will know by playroom I meant my favourite room in the entire house - the library. So yes the tunnel from my bedroom comes out here. My haven of leather bound books and uncomfortably authentic chairs.

Branden Estate Pirate-theater-4_48Branden Estate Pirate-theater-1_48

Yes this is why the kitchen is so small (though you have not seen the kitchen yet). Robert turned the lounge / kitchen / dining area into one giant TV room and then put the kitchen into the utility room. Now I know nothing about TV having lived muggle free all my life. Same goes for my Pa. But Robert has slowly been teaching us. Apparently this is a big TV compared to what most people have. I love it, I cannot believe I have been my whole life without one, but we are only allowed to use it during certain times. It is in fact the only muggle thing that Pa has allowed in the house and he is not wavering on that. He hates muggles / muggle-borns / and is still determined that the TV is too much. But he let it stay under sufferance.

Branden Estate ModernsmallbedroomdesignideasBranden Estate Smallbedroomdesignhomeoffice

(Real life Note - remove the computers and pretend they are not there. I could not find desks without computers on.)

Well these are the tiny bedrooms that belong to Robert and My Pa. They also double as studies. Because that is the only space left in the upstairs after my room. I have not much else to say except I am banned from ever going in either of them.

Branden Estate Small-space-kids-room-design-with-modern-bed

This is my study, it is like an ensuit bathroom as in it joins onto my bedroom, but its an ensuit study. You can see the door through to it in the pictures of my bedroom. In the pictures above it looks like it is two doors that lead to a bathroom and a wardrobe. But Robert knocked those two rooms together and created this study instead. As I have a bathroom just opposite me across the upstairs landing.
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down