Alecto: Wizarding School for all
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So this is where everyone else is? (Blood Family)

2 posters

Go down

So this is where everyone else is? (Blood Family) Empty So this is where everyone else is? (Blood Family)

Post by Alexandria Blood Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Alexandria was busy trying to work out where anything was. This library was just plain confusing. All the books looked exactly the same. Big, chunky and smelling of leather. Not that leather was a bad smell, but it was better when the smell meant new boots or something. How were you mean to locate a certain book when all you had to go on was the spine title. She was not going to read every title until she found it. Especially since that might look a bit weird. So frowning at the shelves she tried to think.
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

So this is where everyone else is? (Blood Family) Empty Re: So this is where everyone else is? (Blood Family)

Post by Damian Blood Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:08 pm

"Hey, Alex," Damian said, nearly bumping into her. "Are you looking for a particular book? I see you're in the Potion Theory section."
Damian Blood
Damian Blood
Second Year

Back to top Go down

So this is where everyone else is? (Blood Family) Empty Re: So this is where everyone else is? (Blood Family)

Post by Alexandria Blood Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:11 pm

"I am?" Alexandria asked in confusion before sighing and nodding "I was looking for something on plants?"
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Blood Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 am

"What kind of book on plants? Herbology? That's over there," Damian said, pointing across the library. "These bookshelves have letters and subjects, carved up there on the side of the shelves. They're hard to see unless you know they're there."
Damian Blood
Damian Blood
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Blood Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:04 am

"Well of course they do" Alexandria sarcastically replied "but I don't know what book on plants ... there was some diagram of a plant in my potions home work and I do not know what it is ..."
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Blood Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:17 am

"Maybe I could see the potions book?" he said. "I might remember something similar. What was the potion supposed to do?"

He remembered his first time using this library last year.

"Last year, the Library was confusing for me, too. They don't have call numbers on the spines like muggle books. They're sorted alphabetically by author, but it's still annoying."
Damian Blood
Damian Blood
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Blood Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:19 am

"So if you do not know the author then your screw basically" Alexandria replied before blushing slightly and adding "pardon my French!" She then produced the potion book and showed him the right page.
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Blood Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:37 am

"Not neccessarily," he said smirking. "There are some index books sorted by subject and other things. They will tell you the author. But those have to be requested from a librarian, and the librarian doesn't look like they are here."

"Let me look at this plant. It looks like the... Alihotsy plant?"
Damian Blood
Damian Blood
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Blood Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:04 am

"So? What next?" Alexandria asked nodding to his reply.
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Blood Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 am

"Well," Damian said. "It's probably over there somewhere by the plants used in potions. Let's walk over here. It's probably under.... let's see... this one?"

He held up a book which said Herbology for Potions: Vol 1 A-N, by Benjamin Bones.
Damian Blood
Damian Blood
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Blood Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 pm

"Ok" Alexandria reluctantly replied and took the book.
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Blood Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 am

"Hey," he said. "It's pretty easy to find in there; the plants are sorted by alphabetical order and there's also a categorical index in the back of both volumes.

"Bones goes into a lot of detail but he tells you the basics first. One of the things the Alihotsy plant is used for is in Alihotsy Draught, which is a potion that induces fear or hysteria. It might have other uses too.

What was the diagram for? What did the teacher want you to do with it?"
Damian Blood
Damian Blood
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Blood Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:12 am

"I have no idea what you mean, but he wanted us to just tell him what it was - which you have done without me having to read anything" Alexandria replied glancing at the book and them him with a happy smile.
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Blood Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:11 am

"You mean I did all your work on that question for you? Hey!" he said. "You... you..."

He relaxed. "Well, you should do work more on your own."

Damian Blood
Damian Blood
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Blood Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:54 am

Alexandria giggled and replied "I was doing the work - till you decided to tell me. It is not my fault you decided to share ..."
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Blood Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:51 am

"Oops," he said, clapping his hand to his mouth when he realized what he had done.
Damian Blood
Damian Blood
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Blood Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:53 am

Alexandria giggled again and replied "I should go write down what you said ..."
Alexandria Blood
Alexandria Blood
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down