Alecto: Wizarding School for all
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is everything? (Dillon/Harvey)

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Where is everything? (Dillon/Harvey) Empty Where is everything? (Dillon/Harvey)

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:51 pm

"They never have the kind of things you should store in a storage cupboard" Harvey commented too himself as she rummaged through the stuff on the shelf before him "you would think any sensible cupboard would. Not that the cupboard can be sensible. Unless it is magical. I would not put it past them. But then at the same time you think a magical one would have what I wanted ..." Harvey trailed off from talking away too himself for a moment to keep looking. He was not actually sure he was looking for. More just for what he thought must be in a storage cupboard.
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Where is everything? (Dillon/Harvey) Empty Re: Where is everything? (Dillon/Harvey)

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Dillon wandered into the storage cupboard after hearing voices from it. She opened the door slowly and noticed a boy blabbing on to himself. She raised an eyebrow and shut the door behind her to make her presence noticed. She brushed her hair behind her ear. "Are you talking to yourself?" she asked, confused, a small grin playing across her lips.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Where is everything? (Dillon/Harvey) Empty Re: Where is everything? (Dillon/Harvey)

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:01 pm

"Maybe" Harvey replied shooting her a sheepish smile to cover the fact her sudden presence had made him jump and drop the box he was holding "its the only way I can get a conversation where I am always right ..."
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Dillon laughed to herself as she noticed the boy drop a box. "Fair enough," Dillon shrugged. "Are you looking for something, because I can help you look if you like." Dillon picked up the box the boy had dropped and passed it back to him. "I'm Dillon by the way."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:11 pm

"I am Harvey and to be honest I was actually just looking for what someone should find in a storage cupboard, rather than anything in particular" Harvey replied with a shrug as he turned back to the shelf.
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Dillon raised an eyebrow, even more confused at the strange boy. "Right..." she looked around before continuing. "Well I think I spotted an old lost and found box another time I was in here. It was in the corner." Dillon looked over to the corner and pulled up a dusty cardboard box labelled 'lost and found'. She pulled out an old, dusty, beige jacket. "Ew..." she put the jacket back in the box. As she was rummaging through the box, she felt something tickling her hand, she pulled it out and saw a massive spider crawling round the bottom of the box. She screamed and kicked the box away.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Harvey laughed slightly, though a bit nervously, and leaned forward slightly to check the spider had run away. He then spotted something and diving forward surfaced with a sticky tape roll "see! Now that is something you should have in storage. Where as that ..." he pointed too a potted plant "should not be!"
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Dillon laughed and folded her arm. "Well I agree with you there. What is a pot-plant doing in storage? Poor thing must be dying in here." she looked at the sticky tape. "Although, storage is for storing things. It's not necessarily for specific items. So just because it's not what you would expect to find in a storage cupboard, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be there."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:51 pm

"True, I shall rephrase, there are some things in here that really should not be in here" Harvey corrected himself, nodding at the reason "like the potted plant, and I swear I saw a rat in a cage up there!"
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:01 pm

"A rat?" Dillon asked, looking up and around. "That poor thing... though I wonder how it would still be alive..." Dillon walked around the small room and returned to the lost and found box. She took a look through and found a very dusty old diary. She blew off the dust and opened it. "The Diary of Mabel Robinson," Dillon read aloud. "This thing must be at lease twenty years old."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:07 pm

"Then maybe we should not be fiddling with it ..." Harvey began but curiosity got the better of him and he approached her so he could get a better look "wonder what she writes about ..."
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Dillon opened up to the first page of the diary and skimmed it. "Nothing particularly interesting. She just mentions her first day of lessons, blah blah blah, her 'handsome' potions professor, blah blah blah." Dillon flicked through a few more pages. "Yeah, nothing worth reading really." she dropped the diary back into the box and continued looking. She pulled out a strange copper ball. "I wonder what this is..." she said, looking at it. The ball began to shake and then lifted out of Dillon's hands. "Uh oh..." it went flying for Dillon's face but she ducked. "I think it's an old bludger!"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Harvey stuck out one hand automatically to catch it when the ball came flying towards him. He then let out a little grunt when it hit his hand hard. Holding onto it tight, he decided it must be old if he was able to keep it contained. Even if it was just long enough for him to shove it in one of the wooden boxes he randomly spotted on one of shelves "looks like there is all kinda of things people never claimed ... ooo look prefect badge!" Harvey got distracted picking the badge up from a shelf just above him.
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Dillon sighed in relief as Harvey caught the bludger. She look over at the prefect badge. "It's a bit rusty..." she said. She continued rifling through the lost and found box. She pulled out a moth-eaten, knitted scarf, but shoved it back into the box without an interest for it what-so-ever. She then pulled out a photograph. It was a still photograph, probably taken on a muggle camera. It was a small colour photograph of a girl, most likely and old student, holding a tabby cat. She turned the photo around and on the back 'Mabel Robinson and cat Princey' was written. "Hey Harvey, come check this out, it's a picture of that Mabel girl. She really must have been careless with her belongings."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:20 pm

"True" Harvey agreed as he came over to inspect the photograph "its a still one too, weird. Oh wait I think there are more, here lets have a look!" Harvey then pushed some things in the box she held aside and produced some more photographs. "She does not look that old" Harvey added with interest as he looked at the photographs he had acquired "and this one she seems to be holding a broom - maybe the bludger belongs to her to!"
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:38 pm

"Maybe it does..." Dillon said. "Wait a second..." she pulled out the jacket she had seen earlier, and the scarf too. "There!" she said, pointing to a label. "Just as I suspected, it's her jacket too, and this is probably her scarf." Dillon looked at some of the photos until she noticed the girl wearing the jacket and scarf. She pulled out some other things from the box. She found a broken pencil, a hat and then she found a long rectangular box. In her curiosity, she opened it. The inside of the box lid was labelled 'Mabel Olivia Robinson" and the contents of the box; a wand. "Harvey, I found her wand!"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:41 pm

"Wow - are you sure this is lost and found? Looks more like Mabel's personal collection box" Harvey replied as he studied the objects that appeared with surprise and amusement "wait does it work? Try and do a spell ..."
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Dillon took the wand out the box and took a deep breath, ready for any possible mishaps. "Winguardium Leviosa." Dillon said, pointing at the broken pencil. It lifted gently off the ground. Dillon let the pencil drop and turned back to Harvey. "I guess it does work, but I was thinking, even if this is Mabel's personal box of stuff, why is it still here? If you had a big collection of photos, your outdoor wear and your wand at school, wouldn't you want to take them home?" Dillon paused and then gasped. "Maybe something happened to her!"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:52 pm

"Wanna see if we can look her up?" Harvey asked with interest as he nodded along to what she was saying and considered the option "maybe we can find out if something did?"
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Dillon hesitated. "We shouldn't..." she said, still hesitant. "Although on the other hand we really should!"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:58 pm

"I think it is our duty too. In case we could help" Harvey replied insistently before picking up the diary once more and flicking to the end entry.
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Whilst Harvey was occupied with the diary, Dillon headed to the back of the room where there were several dusty filing cabinets. Dillon looked at the dates written on each of the filing cabinets and chose the one labelled with the year written in the first diary entry. The lock on the draw was very worn and broken meaning Dillon could easily gain access. The draw was far longer than the filing cabinet, clearly enchanted. She flicked through all the name in the alphabet until she found Mabel's file. Dillon's eyes grew wide and she immediately opened the file. It contained school reports and class photos (these ones were moving). She found a few medical reports, just minor things and few broken bones from playing quidditch. She found nothing of note in the folder... Until she noticed something. "Mabel's file only documents her first to fourth year, but there are no records for her fifth, sixth or seventh years." Dillon said, checking a second time to make sure she wasn't mistaken. "You find anything interesting in her diary?"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:13 pm

"Well maybe, it just seems strange that it suddenly cuts off. On this last page she is half way through a sentence and then there is nothing more. Of course she could have got distracted, but based on the dates this would have been near the beginning of her fifth year. So surely she would have got back to it. I mean this girl has written in this diary every single day for fours year by the look of it. Seems weird that she would suddenly just stop" Harvey trailed off and slightly awkwardly replied "I mean it could be nothing ..."
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:18 pm

"I don't think it's nothing. I think something happened to her. I mean, the file, the diary, all her belongings? This definitely points to something, even if we don't know what it is yet..." Dillon put the file back and. Peered over at the diary. "Could you do me favour and see if she mentions any friends? I could check their files too."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey Branden Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:25 pm

"Alright" Harvey replied and got out his wand. He then tapped the diary and cast the spell his Pa had taught him. The only one he had ever learned from him in fact. The spell highlighted any name that was used on a regular basis or at the very least more than twice in anyone entry. He then just had to read through the names and spot ones that looked like friends names "there do not seem to be any particular ones ... I mean she mentions people ... but not overly to any point where they could be considered friends."
Harvey Branden
Harvey Branden
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next