Alecto: Wizarding School for all
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson One for second years

3 posters

Go down

Lesson One for second years Empty Lesson One for second years

Post by Darena Anakin Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Dare sat behind her desk, tapping her foot anxiously. Bored, she turned a pencil into a peice of gum with a single touch and munched on it. She hoped the lesson would go well.
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

https://alectoimagined.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Lesson One for second years Empty Re: Lesson One for second years

Post by Dillon Alford Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Dillon wandered into the classroom. She noticed her headmistress turning a pencil into a piece of gum and raised her eyebrows. "Impressive," Dillon smiled sweetly. "What flavour is it? Graphite?" Dillon, who sought after the approval of her professors and her peers hoped her comment was as amusing out loud as it was in her head.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darena Anakin Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:12 am

She looked up startled, and saw the first student. "Hello." She greeted. "Nice one, it is actually strawberry. Would you like one?" She asked. "I may add though, I did get a Graphite one before." She shuddered. "Not a good taste at all." She liked the girls humor.
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 am

Dillon smiled. "No thank you," she declined politely. "I'm really looking forward to the lesson, my father is a muggle and he always tells me such interesting things, the technology they have, how they've adapted so well to a life without magic, it's genius!"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darena Anakin Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:47 pm

She nodded her head in agreement. "I completely agree, Ms.Alford." Being an Headmistress, you tend to remember everybody's names. At least there last name.
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:50 pm

"When on earth will the other students get here? I'm so eager to learn!" Dillon said, pacing impatiently. For once she was eager to learn, muggle studies was one of the few classes she found joy in.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darena Anakin Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:53 pm

She laughed, and shook her head. "Muggle Studies isn't a popular subject honey. I think we might just have you in here today." She shrugged.
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:05 am

"That's odd," Dillon shrugged. "I've always found it very interesting to learn about different cultures... maybe I'm the only one." Dillon sighed and brushed her hair from her eyes. "Oh well, all the more knowledge for me." she grinned sweetly.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darena Anakin Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:54 am

She laughed. "No you are not. I am rather fascinated with it. " She stood up. "Alright, lets get started then." She wrote on the board 'Television'. "Do you know the purpose of this, Dillon?" She asked.
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:09 pm

"Of course I know what a television is for!" Dillon said, chirping up at the idea of her favourite shows. "The muggles broadcast shows of all different genres all over the country via satellites."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darena Anakin Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:57 pm

She grinned. This girl knew a lot more than she expected. "Wonderful. Ten points to Mukli." She started talking about the history of the television, explaining certain words as she went along.

(OOC: O.k, I don't really understand the history of the television. I tried to read it, I got lost. So I am just gonna give ya the link to it Razz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_television)

"I am going to pause so you can finish taking notes."
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:55 am

Dillon scribbled down notes as quickly as possible. She had no idea the history of the television was so rich. She looked back up from her notes as a sign that she was finished and ready to continue.
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darena Anakin Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:46 am

She nodded. "Alright, since Television isn't really all that interesting to learn about the history, I guess we will move on. All you really need to know is what it does, but knowing the history helps you remember." She paused.

"Name some recent inventions in the Muggle World."
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:52 am

"Well..." Dillon hesitated. "My dad lets me use his laptop computer sometimes, I love the internet."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darena Anakin Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:02 am

She nodded. "That is one." She started writing down, "XBOX 360, Smart Phones, are some other ones. Do you recognize these?" She probably does She thought.

"We are going over some basic facts, that mostly all muggles know but wizards won't care who invented them." She rolled her eyes. "Copy these down: Thomas Edison invented the light bulb,Daniel Hess invented the Vaccum Cleaner, Benjamin came up with the idea of Electricity, or at least something of those lines. Can you tell me how he found it out?" She asked.
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:44 am

Dillon smiled. "XBOX 360; neighbour has one. It's a game console. Smarthphones, got one for my last birthday. Mobile phones with extra features like 3G internet and apps."

She scribbled down notes as quickly as she could, guessing completely on the spelling of names. She finished off her last sentence before answering her professor's question. "Something about a key and a kite I think. Unfortunately that's all I know about that."
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darena Anakin Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 am

She nodded. "Close enough." (OOC: I don't know either! LOL) "I Just want you to at least know these, you can blend in easier with Muggles." She grinned. "Twenty points to Mukli; for all the previous questions you have answered."

"Alright, tell me what your want to learn this year. I know what I am going to teach, but I want to see what you want to learn so I can hold your interest." She asked.
Darena Anakin
Darena Anakin
Pretty Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon Alford Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Dillon grinned. I knew I would do well in this class she thought smugly. She thought carefully at the question she was addressed with before she answered. "I'm very interested in muggle society. My father being a muggle I have an understanding of muggle technology, but I don't mix with them very much and I've always wondered about the similarities and differences about the way that they run their lives. I know what they learn in primary school; I attended a school in London when I lived there as my father wanted me to experience his culture before I was whisked away to a wizarding school, and I do know quite a lot from that experience, but I was only a child, and I've always wondered about the general social hierarchy in a high school as I've seen various films about it." she took a breath. "Sorry, am I rambling professor?"
Dillon Alford
Dillon Alford
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Gouden Carell Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:37 am

Gouden was standing in the doorway with a dumb smile on his face "Sorry, am I late Professor?" he thought about creating an excuse for his absence but realized that wouldn't help much. He walked in and closed the door behind him, strolling over to where the other two were.
Gouden Carell
Gouden Carell
Second Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down